Oklahoma City Child Neglect Attorney

A Parent’s Worst Nightmare

oklahoma city child neglect attorneyHave you been accused of child neglect? These accusations can be disastrous, especially if your child gets taken away from you. Every parent wants to believe that they’re raising their child right and doing what’s best for them. However, others may not always see it that way.

When someone informs Child Protective Services (CPS) that they suspect child neglect, CPS will follow up with an investigation. This could lead them right to your door. You won’t know who tipped them off or why. They could show up with police officers and demand to search your house and interview your child right away.

If this happens to you, remain calm. You don’t want to add fuel to the fire by behaving rashly. While you don’t necessarily have to do whatever the CPS official tells you, it’s important that you do everything the police tell you.

If you’ve been wrongfully accused of child neglect, the family law attorneys at Wirth Law Office – Oklahoma City can help you clear your name.

Child Neglect Accusations

child neglect attorney oklahoma cityPretty much anyone can accuse any parent or guardian of child neglect. However, they need to be prepared to back up their accusation with proof in court. Not all cases have to go that far, though. A skilled defense attorney in Oklahoma City can help you get the charges dropped.

After a divorce, one parent may accuse the other of child neglect, whether or not they actually have good reason to. Child neglect accusations can be misused in an attempt to change child custody agreements.

If your child has an accident or gets sick, that could be misconstrued as neglect. Simply raising your child differently than your neighbor could cause them to call in a child neglect accusation against you.

When Your Child is Taken

attorney child neglect oklahoma cityHaving your child taken away from you due to child neglect accusations is devastating. Your initial reaction could be anger, sorrow, or despair. However, it is important that you don’t let it debilitate you. You need to get back up and keep fighting.

Being approached by a CPS worker can be confusing for a child who isn’t being neglected. They may be scared of what’s happening. If they’re taken away from you, they’re probably just as upset as you are.

While you fight to get your child back, they are kept in foster care. Even well-meaning workers can’t completely ease your child’s anxiety.

The best thing you can do when your child is removed from your custody is to talk with a knowledgeable Oklahoma City defense attorney. The sooner you plan a strong defense, the sooner you can get your child back.

When You’re In the Home Stretch

oklahoma city attorney child neglectThe home stretch is the last leg of this grueling, painful process. It could be when you’re about to have the court rule in your favor and give you your child back. However, it could also be when you’re entering the high stakes mini-trial that comes after CPS has completed their investigation and the show cause hearing.

Unfortunately, if that’s the case, you weren’t able to convince DHS to return your child to you. If you haven’t had an attorney up to this point, you should get one now. The Oklahoma City defense attorneys at Wirth Law Office know what to expect in court and what needs to be done.

This is your last chance to get your child back. You don’t want to do it alone. For your best chance at convincing the judge that you’re fit to be a parent, you need skilled legal representation. It’s not yet too late for you to turn things around and get your child back in your arms.

Free Consultation with an Oklahoma City Child Neglect Attorney

The seasoned defense attorneys at Wirth Law Office – Oklahoma City are prepared to help you, no matter where you are in your child neglect case. We know how important it is for you to clear your name and get your child back. Our expert counsel can help you achieve the best result for both you and your child. For a free consultation, call (405) 888-5400 or fill out the form at the top of the page.

Bookmark and Share